Monday, November 11, 2013

An oldie, but goody...

Have you ever had a tatting pattern that just did not make sense?

Well, that is what happen to me. Christmas Berry Wreath, pattern is by LaRae Mikulecky. I've had the pattern for a few years now but it always manage to get put aside. Until now. OH MY! I guess I was having a really big bad 'blond moment' because I had so much trouble understanding the pattern.

Love the internet! I found it on line and even went to other blogs seeing that I was not the only one who had to do it a few times. I saw where a tatting friend whom I chat with on line did it. I mention my dilemma.

Bless her heart, not only did she 'tat one up' but posted on her Facebook page the explanation and pictures. We were chatting this morning and I said something about how now people from around the world will see this. (she is in Argentina and I from the USA) Which comes to this idea: Let's tat!

If you care to, join in. I would love to hear from people all around the world who will tat one up!
Click the 'Let's tat' and see her pictures and explanation. I know a lot of you have done this, but perhaps it will be fun to do it again! Happy Tatting ya'll.

OH! I can not forget to mention another tatting friend Elaine Gan. She took the time last night and wrote out the pattern and invited me over today so we could tat together!

#feelingblessed 

7 comments:

Clotat said...

hi thereeeeeeeee!!!! thanks for your words and this great idea.. hope we can see a lot of berry wreath!!!
big hug!!

Ladytats said...

sounds like fun.
Have a great time with Elaine Tatting and Chatting

Fox said...

You know, this is one of the only motifs of the hundreds I have tatted that I kept for myself - I love this pattern!

I am glad you got it sorted out. It is such a great design.
Fox : ))

Umintsuru said...

I am willing to try this. I love those little berries. I am not on Facebook so I could not see the photos.

Nancy G said...

Tomorrow I will see about adding the pictures on my blog. 'Smile'

Margarets designer cards said...

This sounds like fun, I may give this a go, I popped over and looked at the pattern, I am not on Facebook, I have a lot of tatting to do at the moment but it could be fitted in between snowflakes and give me a change of colour.
I will be doing the different snowflake every day up to Christmas again this year if you are game, from the beginning of December to Christmas Eve. Alison, Diane and me did it last year, I thought I would do it again this year.
Margaret

Umintsuru said...

Hi Nancy, On my phone I could not see the photos but on the laptop, the photos show up nicely. Anyway I have started with the pattern from Tatting Central. Will post it on my blog soon. Thanks so much!